Sometimes, life is cruel. Sometimes, it seems life just tries to keep you down. Sometimes, you desperately want to post more on your blog but you’re too busy trying to keep from drowning under the sea of all hardships life just keeps burying you in that you just can’t find the time. It’s moments like this that true friends are so important. They’re the ones who remind you there’s still things worth living for, the ones who keep you from giving up, the ones who throw you softball posting opportunities by nominating you for viral blog awards.
Recently, my good friend and talented author Mishka did just that for me, adding onto Lost to the Aether’s status of being twice as Liebster as your average blog by nominating us for the Versatile blog award, yet another award promoting bloggers getting to know each other by spreading nominations among their fellows.
In fact, this award seems even simpler than the Liebsters we’ve dealt with in the past. Just post seven things about yourself. I think I can handle that much. Here goes!
- Once upon a time, I was fairly into poetry. I put together a few works, entered them into local competitions, that whole deal. I had to stop once my parents found out. They were… way too supportive. They’d take my poems and pass them around to friends and family without permission, make me read them out at parties, etc. It was too much for me, and I’ve never really tried to write any more or even appreciated to form ever since.
- I have a prominent birthmark on the left side of my chest. When I was a kid, I used to imagine it marked me as a prophesied hero or something like that. Still waiting for that to play out. My grandfather once told me I had the birthmark because my grandmother branded it into me. I believed him for way too long.
- I still write regularly, although lately I’ve been having a bit of a problem where I start projects but never get out of the intro.
- Several years ago, I started a project with my video games where I go through each system I own in generational order and beat, or come as close as I possibly can to beating, every single game I possess. I had been cruising along at a good rate, but I’ve been stuck at the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox generation for years now, because I own waaaay too many jrpgs for those systems.
- I’ve been searching for a new job and to move away from my current location for a good long while. That said, if any of you know of a good nonprofit that needs an experienced program manager/event specialist/ungodly beautiful man, maybe leave me a tip?
- Even after all my history with roleplaying forums and having this blog for over a year, so far I’ve still been too anxious about my creative works to post any of them up. Just posting my drawings a while ago took a lot of working myself up. That’s something I’m really hoping to work through in the near future.
- I am really, really, really good looking. Like seriously. I am a true work of art, God’s masterpiece of the human form. I am also incredibly humble for only pointing this out like once a post.
And… that’s that! More content to come soon! We’ve got the second part of the video game pacing, a brief interlude in our Dark Souls playthrough, and the promised retrospective of the first Persona game coming up soon! Hope to see you there!